- Create a Project Schedule for the Term Paper Project using MS Project (or similar tool)
- Your project schedule must include a WBS with deliverables and work packets numbered accordingly
- Make up realistic durations for each task. Make assumptions as needed.
- Establish predecessors and successors for tasks as appropriate
- Create a GANTT chart for this project using MS Project (or similar tool)
- Capture an image of your task list + GANTT Chart, save the image as a document
- Submit your document to the instructor via Canvas ( .pdf)
- Assume that you are part of a team of four students.
- The four of you must prepare a research paper and present your research paper to the rest of the class. (The topic of the paper is irrelevant for this lab exercise…)
- Your instructor requires you to use the library and online web sites to research the topic.
- You must also use the EBSCO online research database (for which you do NOT yet have an account.)
- Your research must include at least 2 books, 2 periodical articles, and 4 different websites.
- Your paper must be 5-7 pages of content, and must include a cover page and full citation in a bibliography.
- The paper will be turned in on hard copy in a nice folio or report cover
- In addition to turning in your research paper, the four of you are required to create a slide presentation summarizing your research.
- You will present your present your research to the rest of the class in the classroom on the last night of class. Your presentation should take 5 – 10 minutes. Bring your powerpoint slides to class on a flash drive.
Here is a preliminary list of tasks. These are in alphabetical order. You must arrange them into chronological order and define predecessors/successors and durations. Feel free to add tasks as needed.
- Add Footnotes to Paper
- Assemble the Final Document for submission
- Assign roles & tasks to four students on the team
- Buy a Report Cover
- Buy Note Cards
- Check out Books
- Correct Spelling Errors in Draft
- Create a Bibliography
- Create an Outline of the paper
- Get a Logon ID for the research web site
- Give the presentation
- Go to the library
- Locate and Retrieve Books
- Look up books by Subject
- Organize Note Cards by Topic
- Prepare the Final Copy
- Prepare the Powerpoint Slides
- Print the Final Copy
- Print the Rough Draft
- Read books and articles
- Record catalog numbers
- Rehearse the presentation
- Run Spell check
- Search the World Wide Web
- Take notes on note cards
- Turn the Report In
- Write the Rough Draft