- Read Ch. 7 in the textbook on mergers and acquisition strategies.
- Read the assigned WSJ article. It is related to Mondelez’s acquisition of Clif Bar
- Do some basic research on the two companies.
- What is driving the acquisition? Why are the companies involved doing the transaction?
- What advantages and opportunities does the acquisition provide each company?
- What challenges are presented going forward for the companies?
- What would you do if you were the CEO of either company in integrating the two companies? Presume that Sally Grimes, the current CEO of Clif Bar, will stay on as head of the brand.
- Identify a key concept from Ch. 7 and discuss it in relation to the acquisition.