1. Describe what it means to eat a balanced diet
2. Why is it important to eat a variety of different foods from each food group?
3. What are macro recommendations and what are the recommendations for adults for
carbohydrates, protein and fat?
4. What are the 2 different methods of determining calorie requirements?
5. What are the 4 different types of exercise and the benefits of each?
6. Describe the relationship between energy intake and energy expenditure. How is weight gain, loss
and maintenance achieved using this model?
7. Describe some of the barriers to lifestyle change and why they negatively impact ability to make
lasting changes.8. What is a fad diet and how can it be identified?
9. Describe the specifics of the ketogenic diet, how it works and the short comings
10. Describe the specifics of The South Beach Diet, how it works and the short comings
11. Describe the specifics of juice cleanse diets, how they work and the short comings
12. Describe the specifics of the paleo diet, how it works and the short comings