In 2009 and 2010, Toyota experienced a problem of rapid acceleration of its automobiles. That issue caused the company to stop production temporarily, to recall millions of cars, and to spend millions of dollars on the recall and publicity. For this Assignment, you will analyze Toyota’s reaction to the rapid acceleration problem, and determine whether Toyota’s response was the most appropriate course of action.
Perform your own independent research on this case. In a well-written paper that is 2–3 pages in length, double spaced, and referenced in APA format, address the following issues:
- What kind of issues did this recall and production shutdown present?
- What actions did the company take? Were those actions effective?
- Would you have recommended similar actions if you had been in a consulting position for Toyota? Why or why not?
- What were the immediate and long-term ramifications of Toyota’s actions or inactions?
- What ethical implications might have been important for Toyota to consider?
This project is due by Day 7 of Week 6.