The purpose of this assignment is to identify the scope of practice in ones state (FLORIDA) including level of independence of practice, prescribing authority, any limitations of practice, process for obtaining licensure in your state, certification and education requirements for licensure. Next, you must discuss how the level of independence of practice in their state, i.e., reduced, restricted or full practice, affects patients access to care in their local community.
- Discuss your Florida’s NP community in terms of scope of practice. Include Florida’s scope of practice for NPs including:
- Level of independence of practice **In California, NPs are required to practice under Standardized Procedure Guidelines. If CA is your intended practice state, please provide details on how Standardized Procedures Guidelines are developed in California and an example of a California SPG.
- Prescribing authority
- Any limitations of practice
- Process for obtaining licensure in your state
- Certification and education requirements for licensure.
- If you live in a restricted or reduced practice state, how has patient care been impacted in your local community from these barriers? For instance, is the ED used for primary care? Are the EDs overcrowded with long wait times? Are there urgent care clinics readily available? Is there adequate access to primary care? If you live in a full practice, how has independent practice of the APN resulted in improved patient access to healthcare?
- How does access to NPs impacts any healthcare disparities?
- A scholarly resource must be used for EACH discussion question each week.
References must be within 5 years