- The role of nursing in research analysis for improving practice environments and patient outcomes cannot be understated. As you might be aware, research outcomes play a major role in evidence-based nursing practice. You will be formulating research questions; collecting, summarizing, and interpreting data; and understanding the elements of research design.
For this assessment, you develop a research proposal using the research question you developed by completing the Research Foundations worksheet. As you develop a research proposal, you must consider the ethical issues related to it.
Determine the ethical considerations related to the research question you developed as part of your Research Foundations worksheet.
Consider the 7 main principles of ethical research introduced in the learning activities section, Research Ethics Guidance (found at National Institutes of Health Patient Recruitment). Be sure to address the role cultural diversity might play in your research. The 7 main principles of ethical research are:
- Social and clinical value
- Scientific validity
- Fair subject selection
- Favorable risk-benefit ratio
- Independent review
- Informed consent
- Respect for potential and enrolled subjects
- Summarize the ethical issues related to your research topic in one of the following formats:
- 18- to 20-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation
- The slides themselves should only contain essential information and as little text as possible. Do not design a slide presentation made up of long bullet points. Your speaker notes convey the details you would give if you were presenting. See the Create Speaker Notes section of the PowerPoint 2013 Training video.
- Record and upload a video of a 15- to 20-minute oral presentation. Review the How to Record High-Quality Videos for Online Courses at Home article for helpful techniques on how to record your video.
- Cite at least 1 peer-reviewed and 1 evidence-based resource according to APA guidelines. Use the APA Style Guide 7th ed.