Step 2: Use these materials to answer the questions below:
short answers only (no longer than three sentences for each ite
Sample Paper 1: title_____?
1) Is this a rhetorical analysis? Justify your answer!
2) Describe the literary properties that either qualify or disqualify this student sample as a rhetorical analysis.
3) Briefly describe the most prodigious strengths of the essay.
4) Recommend some improvements.
5) How would you describe the student’s use of sources in the paper? (Secondary vs. Primary; critical vs. popular, etc.)
6) Rate other key aspects of the paper on a scale of 1 to 3 using your Rough Draft evaluation sheet. (1 is unsatisfactory/2 is mediocre/ 3 is stellar).
Relevant Use of Sources______
Use of examples______
7) Takeaways and metacognition: What did you learn from evaluating this rough draft?