first read the attached files( ‘Hall”,”Havde”). Then, compose a short reading response that discusses the readings. Be sure to reference at least one idea from each article.
Some questions to consider:
What did you learn about applied research?
How does applied research differ from academic research?
- What do you find interesting about applied research?
- How does applied research differ from research you’ve done in college so far?
- In what ways will you alter your approach to research from how you’ve done it in the past?
- exercise 2:
- As you skim the report, focus on the research included in each section. As you do, answer the following questions:
What is the purpose of the report?
What types of research do you see in the report? (Think back to Ch. 2 from Just Enough Research.)
How is the research being used? How does the research contribute to the achievement of the report’s purpose?
- Which sections have the most research? Why do you suppose that is?
- Your analysis of the report should develop a sense of the role of research in professional and technical documents, which will prepare you for conducting that type of research as you complete your own work.