I’m working on a english discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Pay attention to how you gather information and how you get to the final draft. A lot will have to do with your personality.
- Oftentimes, analytical thinkers write short, efficient sentences while creative thinkers tend to write longer, multi-line sentences. Neither is wrong! Learn to embrace your own style and use it as a foundation.
- Once you have this foundation, you know how to get to your end goal, which, for this class, is that beautifully crafted final draft. You learn to reflect and grow. For example, if you know that you write brief, choppy sentences, how can you develop them? What information can you add? If you write long, flowy sentences, consider whether or not every word is really needed.
- Think about the following:
What was your brainstorming process? How did you come up with your idea (while driving, cooking dinner, ideas hastily written on a paper napkin at a birthday party)?
What did you do with the idea?
Did you try to write the paper from start to finish?
- Did you write in sections or parts and piece it together at the end?
- How much time did you (honestly!) give to editing and revising your work?
- For this assignment, consider your writing process and reflect. What do you feel you did well? What part of the process needs improvement?