FINAL PROJECT: PART 2 AND FINAL SUBMISSION
For this Final Project Assignment, you will complete a 6- to 8-page paper (including Parts 1 and 2), not including title page and references. You will incorporate and finalize the feedback you received from your Instructor on Part 1, and prepare your Final Project for submission.For each of the following, explain the development and outcomes of the person’s life in terms of the appropriate constructs, processes, and theories of development. Address as many of the ages and stages as possible and that are relevant.
- Explain the person’s life in terms of nature/nurture influences.
- Provide an analysis of the role cognitive, physical, and social-emotional development/changes played in the person’s life. Note: You must select two of the three processes to include in your paper.
- Include at least one theory that is relevant in describing the individual’s development.
- Explain major developmental events, phases, and turning points in the person’s life, with developmental theories that best explain each. Include a brief description of each developmental theory and use as many as is fitting. You must include at least two theories from this course in your Final Project Assignment.
- Explain the impact of diversity* on the person’s life (success, lack of success, struggles, challenges, decisions, etc.). *Diversity includes characteristics and factors such as gender, race, ethnicity, culture, socioeconomic status, religion, sexual orientation, and physical ability. Diversity characteristics are distinct from adversity, which refers to hardship or misfortune.
Use proper APA format, citations, and referencing.
RESOURCES Berk, L. E. (2023). Development through the lifespan (7th ed.). Sage.
- Chapter 17, “Physical and Cognitive Development in Late Adulthood” (pp. 568-605)
- Chapter 18, “Emotional and Social Development in Late Adulthood” (pp. 608-639)
- North, M. S., & Fiske, S. T. (2015). Modern attitudes toward older adults in the aging world: A cross-cultural meta-analysis Links to an external site.. Psychological Bulletin, 141(5), 993–1021. doi:10.1037/a0039469
- National Institute of Health. (n.d.). National Institute on Aging Links to an external site.. Retrieved August 26, 2016, from http://www.nia.nih.gov
- Document: Final Project Assignment Overview document Download Final Project Assignment Overview document(PDF)
- a day ago