Prior to beginning this assignment, read the PSY650 Week Two Treatment Plan , Download PSY650 Week Two Treatment Plan , Case 16: Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in Gorenstein and Comer (2014), and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorders in Hamblin and Gross (2012).
Assess the evidence-based practices implemented in this case study by addressing the following issues:
- Explain the connection between each theoretical orientation used by Dr. Remoc and the four interventions utilized in the case.
- Consider Dr. Remocs utilization of two theoretical frameworks to guide her treatment plan. Assess the efficacy of integrating two orientations based on the information presented in the case study. Describe some potential problems with prescribing medication as the only treatment option for children with ADHD.
- Identify tasks and positive reinforcements that might be included in Billys token economy chart given the behavior issues described in the case. (There are articles in the recommended resources that may assist you in this portion of the assignment.)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the four treatment interventions implemented by Dr. Remoc and support your statements with information from the case and two to three peer-reviewed articles from the University of Arizona Global Campus Library.
- Recommend three additional treatment interventions that would be appropriate in this case. Use information from the Hamblin and Gross Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorders chapter to help support your recommendations. Justify your selections with information from the case.
The Case Analysis
- Must be 4 to 5 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Students name
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two peer-reviewed sources