- Curators oversee museum exhibits. They must ensure the service the museum provides is achieving its intended goals. This is known as services evaluation.
Imagine that you are the curator of a nationally renowned museum badly in need of funds to renovate and update exhibits to increase patronage. You have just received a huge endowment from a controversial figure who has recently been in the news for allegedly running a pyramid scheme and swindling millions of dollars from unsuspecting investors. You have concerns about associating with this figure, but without funds, the museum faces possible closure. You must prepare a presentation to your board of directors.
Create an 8- to 10-slide presentation with detailed speaker notes.
Include the following in your presentation:
- -The potential of corporate liability for receiving stolen property
- -The social implications that stem from overlooking criminal behavior because of its advantages, financial or otherwise
- -A discussion of the pros and cons of accepting this endowment, where there is no proof that the funds were obtained as the result of any fraudulent transactions, and charges have not been filed
- -A discussion of the pros and cons of accepting this endowment, where no charges have been filed, but the public widely believes the money resulted from the pyramid scheme and fraud
- -A discussion of the pros and cons of accepting this endowment, where criminal charges against the controversial figure have been filed
- -Final recommendation to the board of directors
- -Speaker notes that include what you would say in a live presentation
- Cite at least 2 outside references to support your assignment.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.