The paper must be based upon YOUR CHOICE of one of the following topics:
1. Discuss your own philosophical perspective on religion in comparison with ideas shared in Chapter 7. Include a discussion of TWO OR MORE of the following topics: Theistic and Non-Theistic Religions; The Problem of Evil; The Existence of God; Faith and Religious Experience.
2. Compare and contrast TWO views on reality that are discussed in Chapter 6. Discuss some strengths and weaknesses of each of these positions. Which perspective aligns best with your own? Explain your answer.
3. Choose and compare TWO perceptions of the “self” that are discussed in Chapter 3. Which view seems the most reasonable to you? Explain your answer.
4. Compare the Buddhist Simile of the Chariot with Plato’s Chariot Analogy. Discuss their similarities and differences.
5. Compare and contrast the ethical theories of Kant and Mill, as outlined in Chapter 6. Discuss some of the strengths and weaknesses of each of these theories. Which theory makes more sense to you? Explain your answer.