- Bickford, C. J., Marion, L., & Gazaway, S. (2015). Nursing: Scope and standards of practice, third edition – 2015Links to an external site.. Retrieved from http://ebooks.iospress.nl/publication/12524
- Cherry, B., Caramanica, L, Everett, L. Q., Fennimore, L., & Elaine, S. (2019). Leveraging the power of board leadership in professional nursing organizationsLinks to an external site.. JONA: The Journal of Nursing Administration, 49(11), 517-519.
- Echevarria, I. M. (2018). Make connections by joining a professional nursing organizationLinks to an external site.. Nursing, 48(12), 35–38.
- Truant, R., & Chan, R. J. (2017). Future ready: Strengthening oncology nursing leadership in the context of professional oncology nursing organizations. Canadian Oncology Nursing JournalLinks to an external site., 27(1), 2-4.
- Walden University. (n.d.). Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)Links to an external site.. Retrieved November 14, 2018, from https://www.waldenu.edu/masters/master-of-science-in-nursing
Ebook: Nursing Informatics: Scope and Standards of Practice
American Nurses Association. (2015). Nursing informatics: Scope and standards of practiceLinks to an external site. (2nd ed.). Silver Spring, MD: Author.
- “The Scope of Nursing Informatics Practice: Functional Areas of Nursing Informatics” (pp. 18–39)
- Nursing Education
Website: Core Competencies for Academic Nurse Eeducators
National League for Nursing. (2022). Nurse educator core competencyLinks to an external site.. Retrieved from https://www.nln.org/education/nursing-education-competencies/core-competencies-for-academic-nurse-educators
Note: The competencies for the Academic Nurse Educator do not encompass the competencies or scope and standards of practice for the Nursing Professional Developer. The set of competencies associated with that specific role within the Nurse Education specialization will be examined in future competencies throughout your specialization program of study.
- Nurse Executive
Website: Nurse Executive Competencies
American Organization for Nursing Leadership. (2015). AONL Nurse Executive competenciesLinks to an external site.. Retrieved from https://www.aonl.org/resources/nurse-leader-competencies
- Public Health Nursing
Website: Public Health Nursing Competencies
Quad Council Coalition. (2018). Community/Public Health Nursing [C/PHN] competenciesLinks to an external site.. Retrieved from https://www.cphno.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/QCC-C-PHN-COMPETENCIES-Approved_2018.05.04_Final-002.pdf
- American Nurses Association. (2013). Public health nursing: Scope and standards of practiceLinks to an external site. (2nd ed.). Silver Spring, MD: Author.
Website: APRN Consensus Model
APRN Consensus Work Group & the National Council of State Boards of Nursing APRN Advisory Committee. (2008). Consensus model for APRN regulation: Licensure, accreditation, certification & educationLinks to an external site.. Retrieved from https://www.nursingworld.org/~4aa7d9/globalassets/certification/aprn_consensus_model_report_7-7-08.pdf
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care and Primary Care NP Competencies
Website: AGAC and ACPC NP Competencies
Adult-Gerontology NP Competencies Work Group. (2016). Adult-gerontology acute care and primary care NP competenciesLinks to an external site.. https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.nonpf.org/resource/resmgr/competencies/NP_Adult_Geri_competencies_4.pdf
- Nurse Practitioner Core Competencies
Website: Nurse Practitioner Core Competencies
The National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties. (2012). Nurse Practitioner core competenciesLinks to an external site.. https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.nonpf.org/resource/resmgr/competencies/npcorecompetenciesfinal2012.pdf
- Nurse Practitioner Programs
Website: Nurse Practitioner Programs
National Task Force on Quality Nurse Practitioner Education. (2016). Criteria for evaluation of Nurse Practitioner programsLinks to an external site. (5th ed.). https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.nonpf.org/resource/resmgr/Docs/EvalCriteria2016Final.pdf
- Population-Focused NP Competencies
Website: Population-Focused Nurse Practitioner Competencies
Population-Focused Competencies Task Force. (2013). Population-focused Nurse Practitioner competencies.Links to an external site. https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.nonpf.org/resource/resmgr/Competencies/CompilationPopFocusComps2013.pdf