Access the case through your coursepack.
Porter, M. E. & Jain, S. H. (2018). The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center: Interdisciplinary cancer care. HBS No. 708-487. Harvard Business School Publishing.
Please read and review the case study and compose an analysis that addresses your perspectives with regard to the following questions.
Note: Please limit your answers based on the content from the case study itself.
- Why is multidisciplinary care important in cancer? How is value created for patients?
- What is the structure of the Head and Neck Center? What activities, specialists, and facilities are included in the center? What activities are shared across multiple centers? Why?
- How does integration of care actually take place? What are the supporting mechanisms?
- What factors have allowed the Head and Neck Center (and other MCCs) to be successful at MD Anderson?
- Why is MD Anderson considering a new endocrine center? Does the idea make sense?
- How can the MD Anderson interdisciplinary care model be improved? How can it be extended to others?
- What are the informatics (technology and/or data) considerations in establishing an interdisciplinary care model?xCitations & Format