Week 7 – Sexism
Choose a topic below related to the role of gender in history. You can choose particular women or divide the periods or tribes up to write this.
- Role of Women in Imperial Rome (20 CE – 476 CE)
- Role of Women in Ancient Greece (400 BCE – 200 BCE)
- Role of women in Ancient Egypt ( 2000 BCE – 100 CE)
- Role of women in the Middle Ages (800 – 1200 CE)
- Role of women in Renaissance (1400-1600 CE)
- Role of women in Ancient China (3000 BCE – 400 CE)
- Role of women in Ancient India (3000 BCE – 400 CE)
- Role of women in Native American Tribes (1000 – 1800 CE)
- Role of women in the Mali Empire (1230 – 1670 CE)
- 1920 women’s movement in the United States (1918-1929)
- Women’s role during and after World War II in the U.S. (1933 – 1950)
- Any period or culture – needs the professor’s approval
Answer the following questions in numerical format (#1- 6). 2-3 pages. APA format for in-text citations and bibliography only. 12 Font Times New Roman only.
All work must be properly cited and unless otherwise noted; do not include pure opinion.
- Specifically, state what date range and group/tribe you are using.
- Describe the role of women in that culture (an overview is fine).
- What did your society/culture/time period believe about women’s place in society?
- Did the role of women change during your chosen topic or time period? If so how? If not, why not?
- List the accomplishments of 3 – 5 women from your time period and why they are still important today.
- How has the perception of women in your time period influenced modern American ideas about women and sexism?