Each organization has its own background perceptions, ethics, values, history, and ambitions. Therefore, a “one size fits all” change management process may not work in every organization. We must assess and adapt our process to fit the backgrounds and philosophies of each organization.
Given this understanding, we need to research and assess when, and if, an organization is ready for change, and then adopt a process to best facilitate the change process. Choose a Middle Eastern organization at which you are currently working or one in which you are familiar. (If neither is possible, conduct an internet search to identify a Middle Eastern organization which has gone through a transformation process within the last three years.) Then address the following:
1. Provide a brief summary of the organization (its history, culture, industry, product, and services).
2. Explain why a change was needed. What is the gap between the present state and the desired future state?
3. How strong is the need for change?
4. What is the source of this need? Is it external to the organization?
5. If the change does not occur, what will be the impact on the organization in the next few years?
6. Briefly explain if the change process was a success or failure.
7. Based on what you have learned thus far in the course, evaluate the company’s readiness for change. Were they ready, why or why not? Would you have done anything differently?
(You will respond to assignment questions to develop an essay. Essays have an introduction (to the topic of the assignment), a body (where you will integrate your responses), and a conclusion (your thoughts on the assignment). Please do not just answer the questions as is. It is best to use APA (7th ed) headings to capture the essence of the questions as a way to make sure you have integrated all of the responses in your essay. Also, make sure you are using an APA (7th ed) paper template as a starting point.)