In 5 pages, use the Hill and O’Brien (1999) Helping Skills Model to describe the strategies/interventions that you would use to support the case studys career plan. The Helping Skills Model is outlined in the case study, Darren: The Case of the Unemployed Runaway. It is located in the Week 10 Learning Resources.
- First, summarize the case of Jermel. Do not use Darren from the resources. In your summary, you should:
- Briefly describe Jermels career concerns, and
- Highlight relevant sociocultural factors that influence the case.
- Describe your role in addressing Jermels career concerns as either a licensed professional counselor or a school counselor.
- Next, following the Hill and OBrien (1999) model,
- Describe the activities that you would engage in at Stage One of your career plan (Exploration, pp. 231232).
- What techniques would you use to develop rapport, express empathy, and encourage Jermel to “tell his story?
- How would you broach the role of sociocultural factors in Jermels career story?
- For the second stage, Insight (p. 232), identify the areas that you would focus on to gain a deeper meaning and understanding of Jermels situation.
- How would you identify his interests, abilities, and strengths?
- What career assessments and/or computer-assisted programs might be of use?
- What changes in the world-of-work might be relevant?
- For the Action stage (p. 232), identify
- The plans you would develop
- How you would evaluate them, and
- What follow up activity you would do with your client.
Include anything else that you would like to add to further develop the plan.