The objective of the integrated semester is to help you extend your knowledge of how the
finance, operations, management, and marketing disciplines work, and how they integrate
their functioning in the real world of business. This assignment is an assessment of how well
you understand this integration.
Please read all the instructions carefully before beginning to answer the questions. The
assignment must be submitted as instructed. You will lose points if you fail to follow the
instructions or if the submission is formatted incorrectly.
• The assignment should be prepared as a Word document.
• The document should be double-spaced, using Arial font #12.
• Add any Appendices at the end of the Word document.
• Your reference sources, in addition to the base case and question sets, should be online
sites and articles, Bloomberg terminals, your Integrated Semester textbooks, PowerPoint
slides, and other sources you professor assigns.
There are two Disney cases that you must read to complete this assignment.
You must also refresh your understanding of the six key operations management functions
(listed below for your convenience) discussed in the course and their impact on the other
areas (finance, marketing, management/HR).
Forecasting Project Management
Quality Management Process Design
Supply Chain Management Inventory Management
1.Out of the six OM Functions, which, if any, were impacted by the sexual harassment
controversies in Disney. How and why? (50 -100 words)
2. Leadership plays an important role in shaping up the operations of a corporation. Were the
six OM functions impacted by leadership styles of Isner and Iger? How and Why? (100 – 150
3. As you know that in a corporation, decisions made in one functional area [finance,
Marketing, operations, HR practices (management)] impact on the other functional areas.
Disney is considering opening a new Disney Park in a foreign country. Select two OM
decisions (out of the six) that, in your opinion, require a high degree of interaction from the
other three functional areas. Justify your selections while highlighting the impact of OM
related decisions on the other areas. (150 – 250 words)