- Determine the challenges involved in managing a restaurant operation that are specific to your state or local municipality, as well as how you would address those challenges.
- Determine the impact of computerization on food service and lodging operations in your state, particularly in the areas of reservations, accounting, personnel management, and the recording of sales transactions.
- Consider the quality of technology infrastructure in your state and the degree of technology usage by potential customers visiting or using these services within your state.
- Analyze the interdependence of food service, lodging, and meeting segments of the hospitality industry and make two recommendations for how the synergy among the three could be improved, using examples from your state to illustrate your case.
- Consider how these segments can improve their relationships with one another and how they can combine their services in order to be more marketable in your home state.
- Determine the likely consequences of the introduction of gaming entertainment into your state, or if your state already allows gaming, the impact of significant economic expansion of the segment upon other segments of the hospitality industry.
- Use at least three academic resources.