Determine the financial position of an organization by analyzing financial statements.
Microsoft is looking to hire a paid intern in their finance department. You have been selected as one of the final candidates. As part of the final interview, there has to be a presentation to the financial team in which the candidates show that he/she have basic financial knowledge, room for growth, and will still be an asset to the team. You have been given financial documents from previous years to use for your presentation. Now is your time to shine and be creative!
For your presentation to the financial team, create a presentation in MS PPT. Include the following information:
- List the financial statements and describe their purpose in detail.
- State the accounting equation and how it relates to each financial statement.
- Present the cash accounting method and the accrual accounting method.
- State the difference in accounting methods and how it affects each financial statement.
- Conclude with an analysis of the company’s financial position.