One of the lessons of economics is that “there is no such thing as a free lunch.” This means that businesses, consumers, and whole societies face tradeoffs whenever they make a decision. Please draw on your own experiences to discuss the following 3 items. Make sure you use economic concepts in your main contribution.
Explain a decision that you have made at work, or one concerning your career, or any major life decision that you have made.
Identify and explain the trade-offs that you faced.
List the alternatives you had, identify the highest valued alternative, and explain your final decision to the class.
In your own words, post a response to the Discussion Board, and comment on at least 2 other postings. You will be graded on both level of engagement and the quality of the contribution to the discussion.
Discussion Board Reminders:
- Must have three posts: A Main Post and two replies to peers.
First post: Either your main post or a reply to others must be posted before midnight CT (Central time) on Friday of each week.
Second and third post: Must be posted on a different day from the first post.
- Connect to Content: At least one post must refer to course learning materials. See the Academic Resource on Discussion Boards for help with connecting to the content.
Engaging in Class Discussions: For more information on making the most of your class dialog, review the Academic Resource on Discussion Boards.
Assignment CriteriaProficient DescriptorPoints
Quality of Main Post
27 Points Total
- Student’s main post meets or exceeds the following requirements
- Responds completely to all of parts of discussion question. (7 points)
- Communicates content information accurately and/or logically (7 points)
Delivers a thoughtful response demonstrating insights and reflections (7 points)
Connects to key content concepts and personal experiences (if applicable) (6 points)
Response to Peers
24 Points Total
Responds to a minimum of 2 peers. (12 points per response)
- Substantive response (6 points)
Furthers the conversation with peers. Examples could include: (6 points) Provides additional resources
Connects accurately to key concepts
Shares personal or professional experiences
Contributes new information or perspective
Presents a competing viewpoint
Support from Learning Resources
- 4 Points Total
At least one post mentions course resources or library resources./4 pts.
- Professional Writing
5 Points Total
- Response is well-organized, clear and free of grammatical and mechanical errors.
Posts demonstrate courtesy and respect for others.
/5 pts.Total/60 pts.
- There is no additional information to display at this time.