Topic: Political Activism
Many careers are influenced by government regulations. Health care is one of those careers, similar to education, in which workers are hesitant to be involved in the political process. In order to advance the cause of quality patient care, it is very important that doctorally prepared advanced practice nurses get involved in the political process.
This assignment will prepare you to determine what policy you may want to be involved in changing by creating an objective policy brief. A policy brief is a concise summary of a particular issue, the policy options to deal with it, and some recommendations on the best option. This assignment consists of two parts.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
- This assignment requires that at least three additional scholarly research sources related to this topic and at least two in-text citation from each source.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite to verify similarity scores & plagiarism.
Part 1: In 500-750 words, address the following:
- Identify a current health care policy in your community or state.
- Research the issue and determine your personal stance based on the current evidence.
- Locate the contact information for a state, local, or federal official for your area.
- Locate information regarding the official’s stance on the issue.
- Send the official a letter or email that explains your position and offers suggestions on how the official should move forward with the agenda from your policy brief.