8.1 Learning Outcomes:
Understand the diagnostic issues associated with interpersonal relations and group dynamics interventions. (MLO 10.1)
Illustrate the principles of the process consultation intervention. (MLO 10.2)
Describe the process of third-party conflict resolution. (MLO 10.3)
- Discuss and evaluate the core organization development (OD) intervention of team building. (MLO 10.4)
- Understand the diagnostic issues associated with organization-wide process interventions. (MLO 11.1)
- Demonstrate the organization confrontation meeting. (MLO 11.2)
- Describe and evaluate the effectiveness of large-group interventions. (MLO 11.40
- 8.2 Action Required:
- Required Readings:
- Chapter 10: Interpersonal and Group Process Approaches.
Chapter 11: Organization Process Approaches.
TEXTBOOK: Cummings, T., & Worley, C. (2015). Organization development and change. (10th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage Learning. ISBN#: 13 9781133190455 (print), ISBN#: 13 9781285800967 (e-text).
- Lambrechts, Frank & Grieten, Styn & Bouwen, R. & Corthouts, Felix. (2009). Process Consultation RevisitedTaking a Relational Practice Perspective. The Journal of Applied Behavioral Science. 45. 39-58. 10.1177/0021886308326563.
Cox, Tom & Taris, Toon & Nielsen, Karina. (2010). Organizational interventions: Issues and challenges. Work and Stress – WORK STRESS. 24. 217-218. 10.1080/02678373.2010.519496.
8.3 Test your Knowledge (Question):
Discuss the issues associated with interpersonal relations and group dynamics interventions.