This is about prisons.
- Explain the need for custody staff to be present 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year long. What impact does minimal critical staffing have on budgetary matters?
- Do inmates have a constitutional right to receive medical attention? Should it be? Why or why not? Does the state have a ministerial duty to provide adequate medical treatment? Should it? Why or Why Not?
- Define the term reclassification and the purpose of reclassification within correctional institutions.
- Explain the costs associated with delivery of medical services, and the implications of an aging population on costs in the future.
- Define the “reintegration model” and its assumptions about the role of corrections.
- Describe the growth of the jail population and why the concept of capacity is important.
- Describe jail standards and their impact over time.
- Describe the major alternatives to jail confinement, noting the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Describe the presumption of innocence and how this concepts effects jails within the correctional system.