As a school administrator, you will be required to review data to determine student success at your school. Being able to analyze data is not enough; you also need to be able to communicate the data to teachers in order to collaboratively create an action plan to improve the school.
Allocate at least 1 hour in the field to support this field experience.
Obtain a copy of your school’s most recent state standardized test scores or benchmark assessments to review. After reviewing the data, meet with your principal mentor to discuss the results and their interpretation of the data.
Include the following in your discussion:
- How are teachers chosen to be part of the assessment and data analysis process? What responsibilities do they have in the process?
- What strategies are used to analyze the academic data?
- How will the data be disseminated to the teaching staff?
- What considerations and possible actions steps will be used to improve student scores on future assessments or benchmarks?
- How will this data be used to improve instruction and create the school’s Continuous Improvement Plan?
Use any remaining time from this field experience to assist the principal mentor and, provided permission, seek opportunities to observe and/or assist the principal mentor.
Summarize your experiences analyzing and interpreting assessment data in order to identify areas for improvement in a 150-250 word reflection. Incorporate PSEL Standard 4 into your reflection and describe how you will apply what you have learned to your future professional practice.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.