Please respond to the following in separate paragraphs:
Introduce yourself to your peers by sharing something unique about your background. Explain how you expect this course will help you move forward in your current or future career.
Identify an organization that could benefit from the application of the I/O Model of Above-Average Returns (Figure 1.2 on page 15 in the textbook).
- Follow the five steps to justify your answer.
- Do not use Apple or Walmart in this exercise.
Be sure to incorporate the relevant vocabulary or terms from the chapter and give us the “why.”
- Be sure to respond to at least one of your classmates’ posts.
- Hello all, Lance Williams is my name. I’m here to fulfill a promise to myself in completing school with an MBA before I turn 60. So far I’m on track to meet my goals and have time to enjoy my accomplishments. I’m a son, father, brother, friend, husband, and my greatest achievement a grandfather. I will be the first in my family to have degrees and I’m one of the youngest of brothers standing at a wobbly 52 lol.
- The company I’ll like to toss into this conversation is Compass group. They are an international company of with multiple small companies under their umbrella (Compass group USA , 1). Reading the material and if I’m understanding it correctly. Above average returns works best when companies merge or have joint ventures to knockout competition (Michael A. Hitt, R. Duane Ireland, Robert E. Hoskisson, 2). I feel compass group USA embodied this idea with buying smaller companies to increase their bottom line and have a footing in the markets they serve.
1. Compass group USA . 2022. BUSINESS & INDUSTRY. https://www.compassgroupcareers.com/about-us/our-companies/.
2. Michael A. Hitt, R. Duane Ireland, Robert E. Hoskisson. 2020. Strategic Management: Competitiveness & Globalization: Concepts and Cases, 13th Edition. https://blackboard.strayer.edu/bbcswebdav/institution/BUS/BUS499/211000/Course_Files/cf_BUS499_chapter_1.pdf.