Instructions: The topic of your Course Project will be any medical disease or condition of the body (e.g., arthritis is too broad; choose one specific type such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid, etc.). Choose ONLY one medical disease or condition that interests you, as this will be the topic used for all Course Project steps and assessments throughout the term.
Your presentation will be submitted as an audio-narrated PowerPoint, narrated by you, the student. You cannot use “text-to-speech” programs or technologies that do the narration for you unless noted as an approved accommodation in a current DSA letter you have furnished to me. For instructions on creating audio narration in PowerPoint, see the following link: Record a Slide Show With Narration. Audio narration is a requirement!
- Familiarize yourself with the BIOL181 Course Project Guide.
- Create a 3-4-slide audio-narrated PowerPoint presentation to include the following:
- A title slide with your name, date, class name, instructor name, and project topic
- Content slide(s) to include:
- The name of the medical disease or condition you chose as your topic and the reason for selecting
- Definition of the medical disease or condition
- History of the medical disease or condition
- Relevant image of the medical disease or condition (and remember to cite your source for the image)