A U.S.-based social problem of interest and then answer the following questions:
- Using scholarly citations, describe the social problem you have chosen in a sentence or two.
- Based on your research, what population(s) is/are negatively impacted by this social problem?
- Provide 2-3 reasons why the problem is thought to exist. (Give examples of different points of view and include your sources).
- Statistically, how widespread is the problem in the U.S.?
- Is there a federal or state definition that describes the problem?
- Name at least 2 stakeholders that have been publically involved in the social problem in some way. Describe their involvement (e.g. the National Rifle Association (NRA) is a stakeholder in the epidemic of gun violence that opposes stricter gun laws).
- What does the Bible have to say about the problem (directly or indirectly)? Use scripture(s) to support your response.
- Think about some of the competing functions (i.e. personal failure vs. system failure) of the policy discussed in the Segal text (see pages 6-23). Identify at least two examples that you think are relevant to the policy and describe how they are relevant.
Section one should be a page two pages, not more than three. Please use APA 7 formatting. APA formatting will be strictly enforced.