I’m working on a writing multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Read the data analysis section for the following articles (JUST the data analysis section as indicated by the article-specific page numbers below), then respond to the prompt with a MAXIMUM 500-word reflection:
- Special Education and Individualized Academic Growth (Hurwitz et al., 2020)
- Pp. 590-592, start at Analyses and stop at Results
- In Real Life, You Have to Speak Up (Graham, 2020)
- Pp. 667-669, start at Data Analysis and stop at Findings
- Do Schools Reduce or Exacerbate Inequality? (Dumont and Ready, 2020)
- Pp. 739-742, start at Analytic Approach and stop at Results
- Elementary English Learner Classroom Composition and Academic Achievement (Estrada et al., 2020)
- Pp. 1804-1805, start at Quantitative Data Analysis and stop at Qualitative Samples
- Pp. 1808-1809, start at Analyses of Qualitative Data and stop at Results
As you read these articles, take notes on the following questions:
- What similarities do you notice across the data analysis sections for these articles?
- What differences do you notice across the data analysis sections for these articles?
- Describe and compare the writing style of each article’s data analysis section.
- In 1-2 sentences, define what seems to be the main purpose of the data analysis section in a research article.
- Which of these articles accomplishes this purpose the most effectively? Provide evidence to support your claim.
- Which of these articles accomplishes this purpose the least effectively? Provide evidence to support your claim.