briefly answer the following question with no more than 3 sentences each
Zoom can be used to set up a telemedicine virtual visit. The recording could be included in the patient’s EHR.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a platform like zoom for virtual healthcare visits?
- Should both parties be required to use video?
- Can/Should the visit be recorded and put in the patient record?
- How should providers be reimbursed for these visits? Should it be the same reimbursement as an in-person visit? Why or why not?
- Are there any patient groups that would benefit more or less from this type of service?
- Would you use it if it were available?
- How can a provider obtain the physical exam data (heart rate, resp rate, temperature, blood pressure, breath sounds, etc) needed to make an accurate diagnosis?
- Are there some diagnoses that cannot or should not be made virtually? Can these be recognized via video and referred to the appropriate in-person appointment?
- Will telemedicine all providers to see more patients in a shorter time period?
- What are some of the unintended consequences you can think of with regards to replacing in-person visits with telehealth?