For this assignment, first review the lecture notes file titled “Ch8-Choosing Others and Ch9-Singlehood.” Then, answer each question below by integrating/applying at least 2 point from the lecture notes. Two lengthy paragraphs (8-10 strong sentences) for each should suffice, but you can write as much as you like. The more you express yourself, the more points you will receive! I have provided you with a couple of examples below. Please structure/format your responses exactly like the examples below.
- Are you aware that you have a “type” when it comes to dating? If so, how would you describe it?
- How long do you have to date someone to know if they are a “good fit” for you?
- How big are the insecurities that you have in your relationships? How long have you had them? Explain why you have them?
- What strengths do you bring to a relationship? What strengths do you desire for your partner to bring?
- To what degree does your economic status influence your decision to be or not to be in a relationship? (For example, are you in a relationship and cohabitating because it enables you to save on rent, or are you not in a relationship because you think being in a relationship requires spending a lot of money of fancy dinners, gifts and so forth, would you date someone who is broke, or has a bad credit).
- To what degree does your educational/career status influence your decision to be or not to be in a relationship? (For example, you are not in a relationship because you want to “focus on your career”).
- When dating someone, and that relationship transitions into a committed exclusive relationship, is this because you are convicted that you want to “spend your forever” with that person (i.e., get married, have kids, etc.), or is it because a) you want to see what you can get out of the relationship, b) it’s just something to do, or c) something else?