A chief executive officer (CEO) is responsible for making major corporate decisions, managing the overall operations of an organization, and ensuring that employees, customers, and the board of directors are supported and appreciated.
Imagine that you have just been promoted to CEO of a large corporation. You will be working with your human resources director to update your current benefits plan. In 2015, the U.S. Supreme Court issued its ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges regarding the fundamental right of same sex marriages. Your current benefits plan does not include benefits for same sex marriages. You must prepare a proposal to your board of directors on implementing this benefit into your organization’s benefits plan.
Write a 700- to 1050-word proposal.
Include the following in your proposal:
- -An overview of the case
- -Analysis of the legal issues surrounding this case. Did this influence your organizational response to update your benefits plan?
- -Analysis of the social issues surrounding this case. Did this influence your organizational response to update your benefits plan?
- -The impact this new benefit will have on your plan, your employees, and their significant others
- -Specific steps you will take to implement the necessary changes
- -Summary of how the ruling will directly affect your organization, such as in recruiting, organizational public image, and so on
Cite at least 2 outside references to support your assignment.
Format your assignment according to APA guideline